Apple pie shandy
Enjoy the flavours of your best beer and your favourite pudding combined into one amazing cocktail. Serves two.
Enjoy the flavours of winter with these cocktail recipes to warm the cockles of your heart.
1. Combine all the above ingredients, except ale, cider and apple slices, in a small saucepan. Heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
3. Strain and chill.
4. Pour the ale, cider and two tots sugar syrup (or more if you prefer a sweeter cocktail) into a pitcher and stir to mix.
5. Place apple slices into 2 chilled beer glasses and pour over the ale and cider mixture.
6. Serve with cinnamon stick stirrers.
Perfect for Christmas in July. Serves two.
1. Stir the brandy, brown sugar and orange juice together in a cocktail shaker until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Fill two tumblers with ice.
3. Strain the brandy mixture over, top with ginger ale and add a dash of bitters.
4. Stir gently so as not to disturb the bubbles.
5. Garnish with orange zest and serve.
Whiskey hot and sour
The perfect cocktail for any occasion, any season!
1. Stir sugar and water together until sugar has dissolved. Cool until needed.
2. Place one tot of sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker together with the whisky, lime juice, sambal oelek and ice. Shake well.
3. Strain into tumblers filled with ice. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Recipes courtesy of Checkers.