Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
Serves: Makes about 10
You will need:
Make these versatile magwenya in all shapes and sizes, and fill with anything you can imagine for a truly delicious meal.
500g (3 cups) Magwenya Flour Mix
375ml (1½ cups) water
5g (1½ tsp) instant yeast
1. Combine 1½ cups of lukewarm water and 500g (approximately 3 cups) of Magwenya Flour Mix.
2. Mix together and add yeast to form a dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Heat enough oil in a pot to deep-fry the dough.
5. Form dough into small balls and drop into hot oil.
6. Deep-fry the dough for 3 minutes on one side, then turn the dough in the oil and fry for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Make these versatile magwenya in all shapes and sizes, and fill with anything you can imagine for a truly delicious meal. Try them with curry, mince, fruit, syrup and even ice-cream!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 12
You will need:
500g (3 cups) Snowflake Queen Cakes Flour Mix
2 extra-large eggs
125ml (½ cup) cooking oil
250ml (1 cup) milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly beat eggs, oil and milk.
3. Add Queen Cakes Flour Mix and mix with a spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon equal quantities of the mixture into a well-greased muffin pan.
5. Bake for ±20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Simple, delicious and filling – these are a classic South African between-meal treat. Add nuts, chocolate chips or even raisins for a twist on this classic.