As part of the alcohol industry’s commitment to ensure safe and responsible return to trade, Touchsides in partnership with industry leaders HEINEKEN SA, Diageo and Pernod Ricard launched the Hola Club Click & Collect online drinks buying platform.
The Hola Club Click & Collect platform offers a safe and convenient option to sell and buy drinks at local taverns. The platform enables consumers to pre-order their favourite drink to collect at a chosen time. This significantly reduces waiting times, eliminating the need to queue.
This platform encourages and enables licensed tavern owners to operate and manage their staff and businesses more effectively and safely, and to comply with regulations such as facilitating social distancing, and limiting the number of consumers on premise at any one time. This initiative is in line with the call for responsible consumption at home during Alert Level 3 of the countrywide lockdown aimed at reducing COVID-19 infections.
“Our current reality requires innovations which demonstrate that businesses prioritise the safety of their staff, consumers and community where they operate. South Africans are no stranger to providing digital solutions for our unique challenges and Hola Club Click & Collect does just that. Working with industry partners and stakeholders, we are confident this platform will assist in creating safe spaces for trade during this pandemic,” says Mongi Tshabalala from Touchsides.
How it works for tavern owners:
The Hola Club Click & Collect platform offers a safe and convenient option to sell and buy drinks at local taverns.
1. Sign up on www.holaclub.co.za and create a seller account.
2. In the App, a seller is able to see bookings from the consumer, which allows them to pre-pack orders and have them ready for collection.
3. The App also allows them to know in advance what drinks their consumers will purchase and be able to stock-in the right products.
How it works for consumers:
1. Sign up on www.holaclub.co.za and create a buyer account.
2. They then select their drink of choice from a list of products, choose a preferred timeslot for collection and confirm where they would like to collect.
3. Consumers receive a confirmation of a timeslot for them to collect their order and from which tavern.
4. Consumers don’t need to queue at the collection point. They simply collect their order and pay.
It is free to register for the tavern owners and consumers and the platform uses minimal mobile data. Hola Club Click & Collect is an extension of the existing Hola Club, the free rewards programme that brings consumer deals and discounts on favourite alcohol brands. To make Hola Club Click & Collect accessible to all, tavern owners and consumers do not need to be existing Hola Club members to benefit from the service.