Warm up your winter
Stay warm with these awesome recipes courtesy of Excella
Creamy Rice Pudding
Prep 25 min
In a clean saucepan, combine 1½ cups cooked rice, 1½ cups milk, sugar and salt.
Cook 20 min
Ready In 45 min
- ¾ cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ¹⁄3 cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ²⁄3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring 1½ cups water to a boil in a saucepan; stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a clean saucepan, combine 1½ cups cooked rice, 1½ cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining ½ cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Chicken Savoury Rice
- 700g boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into chunks
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 425g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked Excella white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat, spreading the melting butter over the bottom of the pot. Add chicken and sauté until cooked on all sides, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ham and stir with the chicken.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until the onion turns translucent, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes (including liquid), rice, chicken broth, thyme, paprika, and cayenne. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste. Stir in green peas. Optionally, garnish with chopped parsley.
- 4 Tbsp Excella sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 600g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 4-6 large eggs
- Handful fresh coriander
- Heat the Excella sunflower oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion, frying until nicely coloured. Add the garlic and cook for a bit, before adding the diced peppers.
- Cook the peppers until tender, then add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and spices. Bring to a simmer and cook for about half an hour until the sauce is nicely reduced, much like a pasta sauce. Season to taste and adjust spices.
- Create dents in the tomato sauce for the eggs and gently crack an egg into each dent.
- Cover and cook until the egg white has hardened, but the yolk is still nicely runny.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with crusty bread.